The research group Distributed Multimedia Systems strives for excellence in (1) research, (2) teaching and (3) cooperation with industry.
1. Current research Topics
- Self-organizing content delivery
- Interactive image and video search
- Multimedia content visualization
- Social aspects of multimedia information systems
- User-centered multimedia information retrieval
- Creating summaries and stories out of large social events
- Applications in the medical domain (endoscopy) and in traffic surveillance
While our main interest lies in basic research, we aim to actively participate in the international scientific community and strive to apply our results in close cooperation with industry.
See for more details our publications and projects.
2. Teaching areas
Computer Networking, Distributed Systems, Distributed Multimedia Systems, Compiler Construction, Science-theoretical Reflections on Computing Science.
3. Cooperation with industry
Besides project-based cooperation with a number of companies, we are supporting activities of former PhD and master students to found start-up companies and transforming know-how between the university and companies.
See for more details the list of our projects.